Monday, January 19, 2009

Please Pass the Horse

The language barrier is strongest in the grocery store, where you aren't ever sure what you are buying. A number of people have reported purchasing what they thought was milk, only to find a thick yogurt drink pouring from their cartons and resting on top of their cereal.

In my case, I was looking for deli meat, which is always a useful food item to have on reserve. I settled on a reasonably priced, reasonable looking meat called Hamburgerkött, which resembled some sort of ham, based on the name and the color:

After using it in salad, pasta, sandwiches, omelettes, etc., I am informed by my Swedish friend Daniel who reads the packaging, that it is, in fact, Horse Meat that I have been consuming this whole time.

My guilt and disgust at what I have done is easily allayed by how good My Little Pony tastes.

1 comment:

  1. HORSE?!?! i probably would have died upon hearing that. im glad youre still alive. wg

    ReplyDelete